Sunday, February 26, 2006

OH HELL NO!!!!

Dear Metro Riders,

I just wanted to take a moment to make you aware of a gross injustice that has been done to some of your precious Metro stations. BET has invaded!!!! AHHHHHHH!! And what's worse, its just ignant!!!

I'm on my way to dinner with a friend last night and as I am walking towards the escalator I see a large billboard with Lil Kim's picture on it. the next thing I notice is that infamous BET logo. I bent down to tie my shoe and as I looked up I happened to read the caption next to Lil Kim's picture. "Countdown to Lockdown: a 14-Day trip from Hard Rhymes to Hard Times." What the #$%k?!! the chick is dumb enough to try to lie to the police when they have videotape evidence and tehy are doing a documentary on her getting ready to go to prison. People will attempt to make money off of anything these days.

Of course it's on BET!! What other cable channel would it be on? That cable network has become such a joke (in my opinion). I remember when I used to stay up Rap City, Video Soul, Video LP and Midnight Love were the only video shows on BET. Everything else was regular programming. They had Tavis, Teen Summit, the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge (of which I was a three year participant and captain of Hampton University's team), Black College Sports, the list goes on....

Now EVERYTHING is videos!!!! But I'm off on a tangent. That ad was just indicative of what a once respected cable network has become. They need to the network that carries "THE SAUCE" Awards. That's not respected either.

But, I look above Lil Kim and there is an ad for College Hill, another BET programming mistake. The tag line reads "A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste", and there is a photo of the cast. The first thing you see is one of the male cast members standing in the front with no shirt on. They look like a bunch of ghetto children. Why do I have a funny feeling that the show has nothing to do with "brains". Actually, it probably has a lot to do with brains.

No comments: