Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A letter to myself

Dear Akil,

My life is in a constant sate of flux. Moving in and out of situations, scenarios and circles seamlessly. Hoping to find that one place where he can settle down and be happy with life. There is always more out there. No? Stop and start. Stop and start. Divert. Take the road less traveled. Being "accomplished" or being content. Or both. Knowing that I can do anything I want, but realizing that I cant always do it when I want. Go back to school. Yes. Now? No. Upset? A little bit. Why? Becasue I feel a little behind. I look at my peers who are working on their PhDs and wondering ... when is my opportunity going to come. Do I WANT the degree? Yes. Do I NEED the degree. No, not really. I feel my experience as a teacher (public and charter), school founder (GSERT) and professional developer have given me a perspective that many of my colleagues do not have. I just hope that these experiences pay off in the end.

Sincerely,
Akil E. Kennedy

No comments: